Thursday, September 3, 2009

Earthquake in Jakarta

On Wednesday the 2nd of September 2009 there was an Earthquake in Jakarta Indonesia.

The earthquake was rated 7.4 on the rickets scale.

A few hours before hand there was a weired thing that happened a snake at lunch time so noon came out in front of 367 students and was just strolling more like slithering along the ground and then got into a hole in the tree and as Veterinarians and zoologist's have proven that animals can sense earthquakes, tsunami's and bad storms witch is were the snake at lunch connects.



OK this School is huge and snakes are scared of humans so why would a meter long snake cross the lunch area with about 150 students in the lunch area and 300 around it well i think it leads to the earthquake.

The environment is always connected to thees natural disasters and all in a different way.

But what kills in earthquakes are man made. Like buildings they can collapse on and with people in it, Air cons they could fall on peoples heads and the list goes on.



Experiencing my first earthquake it was a bit frightening and weired at the same time. I would never had expected that I would be feeling a real life earthquake. When I was little I was a country girl and I never thought I would move to the city and I did I moved to Canberra from a tiny tiny town and then i moved to Indonesia which was not even in my mind i never thought of even moving overseas but I did and now i have experienced Bombings, My brother going through dengue fever, Earthquakes and the stress of moving away from my Family.

So we connect to the earth and environment we all live together and we all compact others lives.

1 comment:

  1. You have a lot of interesting information here, Zoe, much of it personal and from the heart. Your voice is strong. I was hoping for a serious effort toward writing toward the two standards we've discussed. You had a couple of lines there, but most of your writing did not deal with the learning I'd hoped was there. We'll continue to practice this.

    ReplyDelete